News Flash - We are positive.

The entire family and the live-in help has tested positive. Low numbers, and almost completely asymptomatic. Except me, perhaps because I took a flu shot while I was probably positive for Covid, and I have occasional fever and chills, easily resolved with Paracetamol and Ibuprofen (Combiflam FTW) and am feeling weak. And for everyone (including me): no cough, no cold, no sore throat, no breathlessness, SPO2 all above 95, BP normal, eating well, and of happy disposition. So, we are taking this as a forced vacation and considering this as a booster dose, which we would have been up for in a couple of months.

Vikas, my right-hand man, driver, friend, a shareholder in T&G, and a general extra hand on deck is looking after despatches, accounting, and inventory at Tasha & Girl, and he does odd jobs needed from the outside world, like shopping and deliveries. Saniya (our help) is positive too and staying with us, so we are all chipping in with housework. Geeta, the day maid, has been given a week off, and the gardener and other employees told to take it easy for a similar period of time. More or less like how it was during the first lockdown last year (or was it the year before that? Time passes so quickly).

It is not, I would hasten to add, easy from any angle, or convenient, considering our marital issues. But we are taking this as time away from everything and everyone to reconnect as friends and parents. Maybe, who knows, this would make things a bit easier for everyone involved, including (and most importantly), Kym.

I will be posting infrequently for the next 10 days unless there's something to report. Everyone, behave. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

And now, back to Alexa playing 'Lovely Day' and sipping a cup of hot tea as I sit sunning myself in the winter sun.





Comments

Popular Posts