Cheers!


Today is cheat day, Friday. I have started fasting (am trying the IF fad: Intermittent fasting) and stop eating post-lunch till the next day morning when I awaken at 0400 and make myself a cup of tea. Apparently, this has helped my digestive system AND is helping me keep my weight under control (coupled, of course, with walks and exercise). That said, today is the one cheat day I allow myself every week. And recently, I have bought myself a few different types of whiskies to try and find a replacement for my all-time favourite every day (which is now reduced to an 'every-Friday') drink: Ballantine's blended malt whiskey with a splash of soda and lots and lots of ice, to be sipped in two lots of small pegs over the entire evening (ideally, with some spicy chicken, and hopefully, some sparkling conversation with whoever cares to join). But, as I said, I am looking for a change.

So, for those who care: MaQuintosh Blue (from my favourite Indian distillery, Amrut) is my go-to whiskey this winter. Good night.

Comments

Popular Posts