An observation. And an announcement.


If only the law made it mandatory to have at least as comprehensive a documentation before sanctioning marriage as the sheets and sheets of clauses, terms, conditions, indemnities, agreements, and undertakings it needs just to file for divorce, I think many lives would be saved at the outset of that journey rather than the mess such lack of clarity in understanding creates because of the absence of any pre-marriage contracts.

All the religious ceremonies (in every religion) are actually contracts and agreements but are so esoteric and so far removed from reality in terms not just of the language used but also what those promises and agreements comprise, that a fresh approach is badly needed, perhaps mandated by law.

On a related note, I have a newfound respect for pre-nups.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I am now officially separated from my wife, Natasha Singh-Gadgil, and will be attempting to start afresh with a new life, a new career, and a new perspective on human relationships.

Later addition: This ain't my first rodeo. So, am fine. So is Tashuji and Kymaia. We continue to be parents but will soon cease to be husband-wife. I am still staying with Kym in the same house while Tashuji has shifted to her sister's for the time being. I am in the process of finding new accommodation and would be moving out soon, perhaps as early as January. Once again, while there is no love, there is no ill-will and I remain fond of all my ex-wives. 😂

Comments

Popular Posts