The blood on our hands.


Here is the daughter of Altaf Ahamad Bhat, killed in Hyderpora Srinagar encounter on the night of 15-16 November 2021. How old do you think she is? How old are your children, my readers? Can you imagine them in her place?

I cannot unsee or unhear the pathos and emotions in this child's eyes and voice.

Do you know who is responsible for this? We. All of us. Yes, you, me, all of us. Shame on us.

By the way, do you know who will be responsible if this sorrow turns to anger to violence? Yep. Us again.

P.S: I have similar anger and pain about the 9yo boy of Col Viplav Tripathi killed by 'militants' in Manipur. I do not distinguish children based on the colour of the flag their parents fly. I suggest you not do so too. Like George McGovern, I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in. But I am angrier at the children orphaned, killed, and taught to kill than of the brave young men sent to their deaths by senile politicians. At least the soldiers have a choice, however slim it may be. The children have none.

Comments

Popular Posts