Tasha & Girl moves to a new office.

I know it is seen as a normal thing with most normal people. But then, we are not normal people. The last time I had an office was in 2010 (maybe even earlier than that), and it gives me tremendous pleasure to come to a workplace with our (Tasha & Girl) name on the door and a table waiting for me.

Having been an entrepreneur who worked out of wherever I was, I am so used to making a coffee shop, hotel lobby, railway station, airport, bedroom, living room, or any place where I can sit and open my laptop as office and just getting to work, that this kind of peaceful place with no disturbance, a steaming teacup by my side, fast WiFi, and a comfortable chair (and table) just makes me happier than most people would be with such an arrangement. This is all thanks to Tashuji, my better half, and her efforts to find a place, move everything from our warehouse and other places all over Pune, make it liveable (oh, you should see the small things she did) and make it stylish, as only she can.

On the walls are framed photos of our early staff, factories, and products, the bathroom has a monogrammed soft towel, the whiteboard has a welcome message, the calendar and clocks are hung properly, the outside has our company name and details written prominently (but without losing the wittiness that we are known for, thanks to Karthik) the side-table has a small tray with mugs for tea/coffee and glasses for water, the phone and internet are working, and I have a view of the Frangipani tree in full bloom peeping into my balcony, which abuts my office and into which I can walk into straight from my desk. Vikas, my right-hand man, has been primarily responsible for making sure that all our important documents are here and every bottle in our stock is accounted for.

Tashuji has ensured that functionality isn't hampered by aesthetics, and while the whole setting does provide a proper workspace, it does not remain dry and formal. Her touch is everywhere, as is my daughter's (the 'Girl' in our brand name), whose cards and posters are strategically placed to remind us why we are doing what we are doing.

Tashuji and I are going to share this space. Once I finish with little Kym's running and workout, shampoo and breakfast, and seat her for her morning chess class, I shall come here, to return at lunch, which the entire family will enjoy together, and then, I shall take over the home, while Tashuji goes to office, till evening.

This place is so beautiful! Finally, after so many years, somewhere that provides the much-needed centring that is essential for any work to get done efficiently and effectively.

I am so happy, I could sing!

And for some reason, this is the only song that is playing in my mind again and again. Go figure!

Comments

Popular Posts