Bond. James Bond.

Even if I as much as think of James Bond (am watching Die Another Day on PIX) the theme plays in my head. And my heart.

Monty Norman pahji, tussi great ho. And you too, John Barry. Bond wouldn't be Bond without you two brilliant men.

But my dear reader, I bet you didn't know that Monty Norman had composed another song (to be sung in some kind of pidgin 'Yindian-Hindoo-Trinidadian' kind of cringey accent). It was called Good Sign, Bad Sign, composed for a musical in 1950s (it never got made, by the way, for perhaps the good of the world, in every sense). You must be wondering where you can hear this. So, here it is. Hear it. And while you are wincing, think what the world, and James Bond, would have lost had this...thing...got taken up by a Broadway musical and lost forever in time. How do I know this? Well, hear it from the man, Monty Norman, himself.

I guess, as the song says: "Bad sign go, good sign stay, life OK."

Are you satisfied now? Do you want something to cleanse your ears, calm your eyes, and placate your soul? Then, you have come to right place. There you go. The theme from Dr.No.

Comments

Popular Posts